SSDs have become much more affordable in the last year and a half, and Patriot Memory is releasing their Pyro series SSD with an "aggressive" pricing that is meant to push their performance value to the top of the market. Despite still being a "high-end" component, SSDs are becoming more affordable, further enabling the super fast, and very efficient to be open to a larger market. Patriot appears to be looking to lead the charge to amass-market philosophy, as their Pyro Series looks to represent.
Powerered by the latest SandForce® SF-2281 processor, the Patriot Memory Pyro line will continue to expand on what’s expected out of performance level SSDs. To meet the demanding needs of the power users and prosumer markets, the Patriot Memory Pyro will deliver blazing fast 500MB+ read and write speeds for the best in class performance. The Patriot Memory Pyro utilizes a fast SATA III 6.0 Gb/s connection interface to reach its maximum performance without bottlenecks while still maintaining backwards compatibility with existing SATA II interfaces. Technologies like TRIM, DuraClass, and DuraWrite are included in the Patriot Memory Pyro Series to bring a full featured SSD to the performance class market. With a very aggressive pricing strategy, Patriot memory has positioned the Pyro series SSD to offer one of the best price per performance ratios on the market. Backed by Patriot Memory’s award winning build quality and 3-year warranty; the Patriot Memory Pyro series will deliver one of the most reliable choices in performance class SSDs.
• SandForce SF-2200 series SSD processor paired with qualified
MLC NAND flash for best performance, value and reliability
• SATA 6Gb/s, 3Gb/s and 1.5Gb/s
• TRIM support (O/S dependent)
• DuraClass™ technology
• DuraWrite™ extends the endurance of SSDs
• Intelligent Block Management and Wear Leveling
• Intelligent Read Disturb Management
• Intelligent “Recycling” for advance free space management
• RAISE™ (Redundant Array of Independent Silicon Elements)
• Intelligent Data Retention optimization
• Best-in-class ECC protection for longest data retention and drive
• Power/Performance Balancing
• Thermal Threshold Management
• Native Command Queuing (NCQ) - Up to 32 commands
• ECC Recovery: Up to 55 bits correctable per 512-byte sector
• Sequential Read & Write Transfer:
240GB & 120GB models; 550MB/s read | 515MB/s Write
60GB model; 520MB/s read | 490MB/s Write.
• Max Random Write IOPS: Up to 85,000 (4K aligned)/240GB &
120GB models; up to 80,000 (4K aligned)/60GB model.
• O/S Support: Windows® XP / Vista / 7 / Mac® OS / Linux
** Capacities stated are unformatted. The total formatted capacity for the
drive will differ, depending on the operating system and file system used.
- Next >>