- ASUS HD 7970 DirectCU II 28nm Graphics Card Review
- A Closer Look - DirectCU II
- Features - GPU Technologies
- Features - Software and Utilities
- Testing - Temps, Voltages, Acoustics, and Overclocking
- Benchmarks - Batman: Arkham City
- Benchmarks - Dirt 3
- Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator
- Benchmarks - Battlefield 3
- Benchmarks - 3DMark 11
- Benchmarks - Unigine Heaven
- Benchmarks - WQHD Performance
- Final Thoughts
- All Pages
Benchmarks - Aliens vs. Predator
Aliens vs. Predator utilizes Rebellion Developments' Asura engine to create detailed textural environments which use DirectX 11 and advanced (and demanding) graphical techniques such as tessellation.
All of the settings for the benchmarking tool were set to their highest values, which is "3" in the configuration file setup at a resolution of 1920x1080.
Again, the 7970 DCUII posts impressive results which lend to a fluid experience of this tesselation-heavy and beautiful graphics engine. At stock settings the card pushes 70 FPS average, which is a whopping 62.7% improvement over a GTX 660. The overclock delivers another 24.5% performance increase ontop of that for a very comfy average framerate just shy of 90 FPS.